Thursday, January 14, 2016

One of those days


Yesterday was one of those days. The kind of days where you wished you had not gotten out of bed. And quite possibly the kind where stabbing yourself with toothpicks might sound more fun. Trapper stayed the night at the vet because he had an injury with an infection that needed to be cared for and we decided to get him fixed and chipped at the same time. When I picked him up he was the unhappiest dog I have ever seen. He adorned the cone of shame and was NOT happy about it. He whined all the way home and then for the rest of the day. That takes a toll on the emotions.

Then in seminary I ended up kicking two kids out of an activity we were doing because they just could not keep it under control. I am usually not that teacher but I was yesterday. Then Corban had a doctor's appointment and I found out he hasn't gained a pound since August. That is NOT good and it is because of the meds he is on. So we took him off them for at least the next two weeks to see if he can put on a little weight and how he does. That was stressful as well.

Then I dropped my phone in the toilet.

Then on the way home from Mutual we hit a baby moose. We had to wait 40 minutes for the Trooper to show up to get the report and in the process of hitting the moose we did not kill it. So as we sat there waiting we watched that poor baby moose die. It was awful and there was lots of tears. Gratefully, I feel like we were protected. The truck sustained minimum damage and we were all fine.

Anyway, today the sun is shining. It is a new day. How grateful I am for sun and another day. I might even go so far as to say I am grateful for the hard days because they make the good ones so much better!

No comments: