Thursday, January 28, 2016

I find dead people...


I've been thinking a lot about how one decisions makes ripples in our lives for years and years to come, maybe even generations. Three years ago I decided to follow a prompting. The prompting was clear and it was the third time I felt/heard it that I decided I really needed to get on that. I went back to school. That decision has resulted in so many incredible blessings that I am starting to lose count and I am sure there are unseen ones that I won't know about until after I have left this mortal life.

One of my most favorite ripples resulted in a change of major. I was studying Marriage and Family and it was so easy that I decided I needed something different. I changed my major to Family History. I have always loved looking for my ancestors, finding them and taking their names to temples so their work could be done, but never really thought about researching. This major has stretched me to my limits sometimes and I have LOVED every minutes of it. I have been blessed to find family members for people that they have searched for years to find. I like to think of myself as a detective. The genealogy detective!

I saw the phrase "I find dead people" a couple months back and fell in love with it. I was wanting to put it on a shirt or hoodie but hadn't found the time yet. Then Matt came home with this gift and I was so excited. I hope it's a conversation starter. I hope to be able to get others excited about connecting with those who have left this life because I've learned that if they are not forgotten they are not really gone!

No comments: