Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Beginning


First and foremost, I want to say how devastated we are at losing our Trapper dog. He disappeared New Years Day and we haven't seen him since. We asked all the neighbors, called the shelter, posted on several different pages on facebook and still nothing. I looked in the woods all around our house today because I wondered if he had gotten trampled by a moose but he was no where to be seen. Karelian bear dogs sometimes will go out hunting for a few days and then return but he is less than a year old and it's been 5 days now. It's just sad not knowing and sad when we drive up to the farm and he doesn't run to greet us. I am still hopeful that somehow he will come back to us.

Today while I was looking for him in the woods, it was so beautiful so I took this picture.

One fun thing that is happening though is our sprout growing. I tried at the other house but we had such hard water that it never worked. I bought a sprouting lid years ago and I am excited that now it is being used. I just dump in some seeds to sprout, soak for 8 hours and then drain. Then over the next couple of days I rinse them once in the morning and once at night and soon we have sprouts.

This picture is of a mixture of seeds but this morning I started just alfalfa seeds. I love sprouts!

No comments: