Thursday, July 14, 2016

Pumpkin Post

The pumpkins are really doing amazing! The weather out here in Pt. Mac seems to be much sunnier and warmer than in Wasilla. My sister mentioned that we were having a super rainy summer but out here it seems to rain one day and then sun for a couple days to a week. It's wonderful. I am seriously loving every minute of this summer. It is fun to go out and see that the pumpkins have grown over night.

I have a pie pumpkin that thinks it's time to change orange. In all the years of growing pumpkins in Alaska I have never had a pumpkin get orange on the vine. I usually have to bring them in the house and orange them up. I am excited to see what will happen this year. The racer pumpkins are huge! It's been fun experimenting with pumpkins. I heard of a variety that grows orange from the very beginning. If I could get a hold of that seed it would be awesome because we wouldn't have to wait for them to turn. It's really fun experimenting!

No comments: