This summer has been incredible with the growing of things. I asked my neighbor if the weather this summer was normally for out here and she said no. She said it usually rains a lot more. Regardless of that I am loving every minute of it. It has been raining for a few days which got the garden nice and watered. The sun was out today and it was wonderful. I can't believe the pumpkins are turning orange already either. I think I said that once. Today we took celery, tomatoes, beets, radishes, cauliflower, strawberries, and rhubarb plants to market today. Tonight I went out and picked fresh basil for dinner which also used some of our tomatoes. I wish I was spending more time outside but kid stuff keeps pulling me away.
Makenna joined cheer. Sigh. I have a daughter in cheer. Me. Seriously. She went to her first practice today and it caused me so much anxiety that I told her I wasn't staying for practice anymore. She's fine with that. Being a parent is actually pretty difficult on the emotions. I am also struggling with Dallin being gone. Finding his clothes in the laundry just about killed me the other day. I miss his hugs after family prayer every night. When they were all little it was physically exhausting. Now it is emotionally exhausting.
Plus I haven't had chocolate for three days and I feel like that situation needs to be remedied pretty quickly or I might fall apart completely.
We're trying to get kids registered for school. All three are in different places this year. School shopping needs to be done- ick. Corban needs a haircut. My dishes aren't done. The whites are still in the dryer. At least they're not still in the washer. I need to get things ready for seminary to start on the first day of school. Tonight feels heavy, but I know tomorrow will fill better.
At least I have GORGEOUS radishes!

No comments:
Post a Comment