Saturday, July 16, 2016

Wild Raspberries


One of my favorite things about living out here is the food.

I have a white chocolate raspberry scone recipe that is the bomb and I am wanting to make them for my college friends that are coming to spend the week with us next week. Well, I went to make some this week and found that the kids had eaten all my raspberries. Frozen. Straight from the freezer. Kids!

So I thought, "I bet there are wild raspberries out there" and told Makenna I needed her help picking. She told me she saw tons on her walk the day before. So we headed down the driveway and sure enough. We picked just the right amount for the scones and now I am set. Didn't have to spend a dollar or go into town. Foraging at it's best!

That is the life!
Also in the garden we finally have cauliflower and my little orange guy is getting more orange!



No comments: