Today was the first day of the Light the World.
The Church is doing this amazing idea to bring the spirit of Christmas more into our hearts this season.
The scripture for today was Matt 10:8 "freely ye have received, freely give."
We talked in seminary about how we can give to others that may be in need or show gratitude to someone for a way they have blessed your life.
I was thinking about this most of the day.
I am always amazed how Heavenly Father puts opportunities in our paths to improve our lives and the lives of others when we are watching.
I was grocery shopping and went to the bathroom.
There I found a pile of pads with a note that said "for anyone who might need them."
I knew immediately that someone had taken the Light the World challenge.
When we took Afton to get a haircut there was a woman sitting next to me that wanted to talk.
It ended up with her crying and sharing her heartache with me about her daughters death and the struggle this season is for her.
I held her hand for a moment and told her that I believed that nothing ends forever and that I'm sure she will get to see her daughter again.
The day was a long one.
There were other opportunities I took to "freely give".
Makenna got her hair done for her birthday.
Which is in a week.
Which is in a week.
Afton, not so much.
He freaked so we didn't get it cut.
Here are some photos of both.



No comments:
Post a Comment