Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Rejoice

Life has been heavy.
I have missed seeing the sunlight.
That really wears on a person.
For reals!
This morning I headed out for seminary and was pushed off into a ditch by another driver who was in way too much of a hurry.
It took me a good while to get out.
When seminary started I was feeling ALL the emotions of things that have been happening and told my class that if I fell apart it had nothing to do with them and I would try my hardest to keep it together. 
Then we looked at the Light the World suggestion for the day. 

"Rejoice and be exceedingly glad."
Matt. 5 :12
God loves us and wants us to be happy. We have many reasons to be happy, even if we don't realize all of them. One way we find joy is by helping others feel joy.

 Of course that was the suggestion.
And then as we were doing our reading block it said, 

"Lift up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great reason to rejoice." Alma 8:15 

Message received!

As I drove home from seminary I still couldn't get to the rejoicing part.
I walked in the door, walked up the stairs and climbed back in bed.
I didn't crawl back out until 11am and that was only because I had to take Trapper to the vet. 
So here is my attempt at rejoicing.
It may be feeble but I know that Heavenly Father accepts all of our righteous efforts. 

  • Heavenly Father knows exactly where I am and I know that my Savior has felt everything I am feeling. He has prepared a way for me to bear the burdens placed on me. That is reason enough to rejoice.
  • I found reason to rejoice when Brittan called me to check on me and told me she bought me a kit kat. Just her desire to help me feel better is reason to rejoice. I love that she is mine. 
  • It's snowing. Normally that is not reason to rejoice but right now it is beautiful and we are supposed to get over a foot. I love it when it first snows, especially if I don't have to go anywhere, because it is so clean and white outside. 
  •  I saw the sun yesterday. It was beautiful!
  • I am married to Matt Hale. He helps me keep my head on.
  • Dallin's efforts in serving the Lord on a mission are blessing our family. Sometimes we don't see those blessings but I know they are there. 
  • I know that there are unseen angels/ancestors that are helping me. They love me. They love my family. What a comfort to know we are connected even with the veil between us. 
I don't have answers to the things that weigh heavy on my heart.
I don't know how to have love, compassion and empathy while having healthy boundaries with people. 
I do know that Heavenly Father loves me and them though.
And that one day it will all be okay.
 

 
 

No comments: