Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Miracles STILL happen!

Anyone who has ever driven Pt Mac road in the winter knows that there are some obvious dangers.
Last year my neighbor counted 36 moose in one trip into town.
People install super powered high beam lights on their cars to be able to see what is coming at them.
This morning I was headed home from teaching seminary.
I was almost to Holstein when a huge moose bolted out from the trees.
He looked taller than my vehicle and as solid as they come.
I knew it was going to be bad.
He was running out at full speed.
Instead of trying to slow down I decided in a split second to speed up.
I have never done that before.
We made impact and hit so hard that I was sure he shattered my back window.
T-boned by a moose basically. 
I kept driving down the hill to Holstein.
The car seemed to do fine but I was envisioning in my head a huge dent in the back half.
I got out and used my phone flashlight to survey the damage.
The first thing that was odd was that my drivers side mirror was gone.
It had been sheared off. 
I thought that the moose hit a bit further back than my drivers door.
The trim around the wheel well on the back had popped off in one corner.
And that was it!
There is NO OTHER DAMAGE!
I don't really know what to say about this.
I am kind of in shock.
I was literally protected and feel strongly that there was heavenly intervention in my behalf. 
This morning, right when I got up, I prayed that myself and my family would be protected today.
In seminary I gave the closing prayer and prayed for protection again.
Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers.
I am so grateful for that this morning. 

No comments: