This morning the sun was out and when I woke up and looked out the window at the lake, I knew that I needed to spend some time there communing with my Heavenly Father.
I looked up the definition of communion and it means the sharing of intimate thoughts or feelings, especially when the exchange is on a mental or spiritual level.
I grabbed my scriptures and a sweatshirt(it was 630 am) and headed down there.
The birds were in full chorus welcoming in the day.
The birds were in full chorus welcoming in the day.
I wiped the morning dew off my orange porch swing and just took it all in for a minute.
A little bird perched in a tree to check me out with food in her mouth.
She flew off probably to take that food to her babies.
I opened up to Alma 41 and learned more about the law of restoration.
The world has this thing called the law of attraction.
It's this idea that if you visualize something enough it will come true.
I think maybe the law of restoration was the basis for that but the world has twisted it just enough where it is not God's law anymore.
Here are some principles and doctrine from that chapter:
*We will be raised to happiness and good according to our desires for those things.
*Wickedness NEVER was happiness
* God has already prepared the WAY for us- and I thought of how the WAY is another name for Christ!
*We are our own judges
*If you are merciful, judge righteously and do good those same things will be restored to you- like do unto others as you would have them do unto you!
And lastly
*"For that which ye do send out shall return unto you again and be restored"
I LOVE the scriptures.
I LOVE early mornings.
And I LOVE this life I get to live every day!

No comments:
Post a Comment