Sunday, May 20, 2018

Mortality

Yesterday evening was interesting.
I got a little glimpse of my mortality.
I have really never been sick. 
Once I almost died after having a C-section in 1999.
I hemorraged.
Don't worry though.
I lived.
However, yesterday afternoon I didn't feel quite right.
I googled my symptoms.
Never do that.
Anyway, I thought I had a heart attack.
I didn't.
But I did find out that I am severely anemic and have a pretty significant heart murmur.
Red blood cell count is supposed to be between 12.9-16.
Mine was 7.9.
Which explains a whole lot of why I have been so tired for a long time.
Anyway, now I have three different doctors they are wanting me to see.
Specialists and such.
I'll be fine, but it did make me pause for a second and think of what it would be like to not be here anymore.
I always imagined I would outlive a lot of my loved ones, if not most of them.
That will probably still happen.
Now I just need to take a little better care of myself. 

No comments: