Several days ago Trapper had wanted in the house.
When I opened the door and he came in, he was acting frantic and was soaking wet.
I just had him go back outside and figured one of the neighbor kids had sprayed him or he was playing in the part of the lake that was thawed.
Then yesterday Amy texted me asking if I had seen Scout and I knew that she was probably in the lake.
Scout was Trappers play mate.
They were basically inseparable.
They would either sleep on our porch or at the neighbors on the hay bales.
During the coldest parts of the winter we would even let them both in to sleep.
It kind of felt like he was our dog too.
Corban found Scout under a thin layer of ice this morning.
We are having a hard time.
Amy and I pulled her out and they are burying her.
I'm sad for Trapper and our neighbors.
I'm sad for us and mostly sad that Corban was the one to find her.
It will be okay but right now it is not okay.

1 comment:
ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
Post a Comment