Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Happy Tears

Today when I picked up the mail there was a package from Corona, CA where Dallin is serving.
I had no idea what it was.
I opened it and saw this weird looking heart and then read the letter.
It said:
"Hi! I'm Kristen Vasquez. My family and I often feed you r son and his companions when someone in the ward cancels on him or they just need food. We have grown to love your son and love having him in our home. My 16 year old son, Carson, is particularly fond of spending time with your son and his companion too. They were over the other night and I needed help with a projecct I was planning on doing with my first grade class. I began thinking that maybe you would like to have it for Mother's Day. I had the boys sit down and write a Mother's Day card too. I know they are big but you will never have a thumbprint at their age again. I am hoping you don't think this is too silly."
Needless to say, I cried at the kindness and thoughtful gift.
I placed my finger over his finger prints and I tried to pull it together.
Being a mom of a missionary is beautiful and hard.
I have missed him terribly.
He comes home in two months.
I can't wait to see him and squeeze him again. 

No comments: