Thursday, August 30, 2018

Alaska State Fair Part Two

Before I get to anything else about this day I need to talk about answered prayers.
We have been planning on taking the kids to the fair today for a while.
Yesterday was beautiful and sunny and awesome!
Then today we woke to a downpour which continued for a long, long time.
As Corban and I were waiting to get Makenna, he proclaimed that we needed to pray.
I asked him what for and he said so that the rain would stop and we could have fun at the fair.
He led the prayer.
It was simple and to the point.
Then in a quiet moment a little later I offered another prayer.
Life has been particularly hard the last two weeks and I just asked that He could stop the rain for a few hours.
I told Him I knew He could control the weather and asked for that blessing.
Well, God answers prayers.
We enjoyed a beautiful afternoon and evening.
We were at the fair from about 3 pm until 8 pm and only around 730 did it start to rain again.
I felt that Heavenly Father was VERY aware of me.
I'm grateful for those moments.
And we had a fabulous time.
My favorite moment by far was watching Brittan dance like no one was watching (although many people were) as she and Corban waited in line for a ride. 
I was laughing so hard.
Laughter is so good for the soul!
Sadly I didn't get any pictures of Brittan and Makenna. 
They were off with their friends most of the time.



 

No comments: