Makenna and I just enjoyed a pretty incredible weekend.
Last year, my friend, Esther and I decided that we wanted to do a backpacking trip to Lost Lake in Seward.
It is 7 miles one way to the lake.
Makenna decided to tag along as well and we roped Raylene into coming too.
We left Friday morning and got to the trail about 330 pm.
We hiked the 7 miles in to the most beautiful country.
There were meadows of white flowers, creeks, wild mushrooms, fresh blueberries and salmon berries, and tons of wild flowers.
It was pretty incredible.
The weather was perfect.
Once we got to the lake we were spent.
My pack was really too heavy and I had two blisters that were bigger than my actual toes.
It might have something to do with an extra 2 lbs of hot cocoa I was carrying but we won't talk about that.
We set up our little tents on a knoll over looking the lake.
There was a waterfall behind and beauty every where.
I really loved it so much.
Here are ten of my most favorite pictures from the hike:











No comments:
Post a Comment