Sunday, August 19, 2018

Utah Last Day: Relationships, Temples and random stuff

Our last day was lovely.
We started the day at Kneaders bakery with some pretty incredible food.
I had french toast with buttermilk syrup, a fruit tart, and a berry smoothie.
As we were waiting for our food I noticed a sunflower growing across the parking lot and I had to get a picture.
That is one thing I miss about living in the southwest.
Sunflowers grow wild there.
However, I can't miss it so much when we have so many varieties of wild flowers that grow here in Alaska.
After that we walked around the Brigham City temple.
There were loaded peach trees on the grounds and I wanted to just pick some but Matt said that would be stealing from the Lord so I didn't.
 
We headed back to the Fox den to visit with LaVor since he arrived home and it was just so good to visit.
I love Winnie so much.
Our friendship has endured a lot of stuff and I am so grateful to have her.
 After that we headed back to Salt Lake-again- and got to spend some time with Meggan.
There is just something about these relationships that I have.
I adore those women.
I am grateful for them.
Life has been difficult for all of us and yet we get the chance to lift each other and love each other.
I am so grateful for that.
Plus it was a bonus that we ate at Cheesecake Factory!
 Matt and I closed out our trip walking around temple square.
We watched tons of couples that got married get pictures, watched security escort a guy, that was yelling stuff off, temple grounds, and talked about if a person had ever tried to free climb the outside walls of the temple.
You know...just normal stuff.
 Also we stopped back by the same produce stand and got more peaches because, well, peaches! 
 

No comments: