Corban is part of a school program for homeschooled kids at the local charter school, Twindly Bridge.
It's a pretty cool deal.
He goes to classes once a week (on Thursday) for the entire day and gets to socialize with kids around his age.
This set of sessions he took spanish, taekwondo, physics, board games and ukulele.
The also offer some pretty cool field trips.
Yesterday we put aside the Algebra and went on a field trip.
A new, indoor trampoline park just opened in town.
That place is pretty amazing.
It was huge inside.
There were arcade games, virtual reality games, styrofoam pits, tons of trampolines and an obstacle course.
He played for two hours without stopping.
The homeschool aspect is still working, I think.
This semester we decided to try BYU classes.
They are challenging and there is a lot of information to cover.
Some days are harder then others trying to keep him focused.
The other day I mentioned that homeschool might not be working for us anymore and we might want to look at public school again.
He said, "Are you trying to threaten me?"
Haha.
There are times when I think about how much easier my life would be if I was not homeschooling him, but I am confident that if he was in public school he wouldn't learn a thing.
So we plow forward with the hopes (and prayers) that this is what is best for him in the long term.
As a parent, I just want to do what is best for my kids.
Sometimes I don't know what that means.
Thank goodness they are Heavenly Fathers kids too and He lets me know.


No comments:
Post a Comment