We are in bondage right now and in need of deliverance.
It's financial bondage.
Medical bills that insurance didn't pay.
Back taxes from a business that is no longer in operation.
Other outstanding bills.
We tried to figure out a way to relieve this burden for a long time and finally settled on selling the farm.
We've prayed and prayed about it.
No confirming answer that it is right.
Also no confirming answer that it is wrong.
But we have seen no other choice.
Then I got offered a job to teach seminary in Anchorage.
The drive time from the farm would be an hour and a half.
I don't feel good about that, especially in the winter.
We need to move closer that direction.
But there have been moments this week and last week, when the sun is shining and I am working out in the garden or sitting on the dock and I mourn the loss of this beautiful place.
In the Book of Mormon there was another beautiful place where a group of people came to stay.
The scripture describes it as beautiful and pleasant and a place of pure water.
I don't think I could describe Harvest Point Farms any different than that.
They came to stay at that place but the Lord had other plans for them.
Discipleship is about moving.
The Lord moves His disciples to where He needs them to be.
And since I have covenanted to give all I have to His cause, I will move.
I think this week I am starting to come to a place of peace about leaving this dream.
It's going to take me a minute though.

No comments:
Post a Comment