On Friday evening I filled up the tank of the truck, so I would have sufficient gas for Sunday, and vowed I was NOT leaving the farm today. And leave it I didn't!
We cleaned up the yard from the mess of moving stuff last fall and winter trash. The kids were rockstars- especially Brittan. They worked so hard stacking wood, loading up burn piles, and moving and organizing things out at the greenhouse.
Matt moved a lot of dirt for the area where we are going to have our 1 acre market garden. We have only about a month to get everything ready for that. We have a spot at the Wednesday Market in Wasilla- so if you are in the area please come buy veggies from us!
While we were doing all that we had some people working on the back deck. Matt said, "That is going to be the BEST back deck ever!" I am so excited for it to be finished. We will have the grill out there- we actually plumbed in the propane- and my swing. In a few months we hope to get the long awaited hot tub out there as well. I do believe it will be the best deck ever!
We also had Jamie since last night, she had a sleep over, and moved the plants to the greenhouse.
By about 530 we were dragging but still hopeful to get more work in. Matt dragged the tractor in to even out the last side of the greenhouse dirt where the chickens had been so we could lay down the ground fabric and set up the tables for the hydroponics and the tire on the tractor popped. Like a gun shot! That was our clue to call it a day. But it was such a GREAT day!






No comments:
Post a Comment