Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Utah Pilgrimage Day 4

Bucket list item of going to a session of General Conference got passed off on this day. We grabbed some breakfast at the hotel and then headed over to the temple grounds. As we walked on to the grounds the opening prayer began. Everyone stopped and bowed their heads as the words were broadcasting from speakers everywhere. In that moment I thought that I am so small in all of this experience. However, I am part of something that is much, much bigger than myself. We sat in the old tabernacle for about an hour of the first session and listened. Then we went and sat out on the lawn in the beautiful weather and enjoyed the second half of the session. It was so seriously so beautiful!






Corban walked around while he listened and at one point I got a photo of him just sitting watching the water in the fountain. He asked his dad if he could take a drink of the holy water. heehee!
After that session we headed over to the conference center to take our seats. We had pretty good seats, although I am not sure you can have a bad seat in there. It holds 21,000 people and it looked like very single seat was taken. We laughed and teared up. I was so looking forward to the power of the music from the Mormon Tabernacle choir, which was good, but when the entire congregation stood and sang a rest hymn the power of the Spirit brought me to tears. It was so incredible!
Janell was there as well and she came and found us afterward it was so great to see her again.




After the session was over we met up with the MacDonald family. They are moving back to Alaska soon. It was good to see Patricia.
We closed out the day at Matt's cousin, Laryy Hale's home. Uncle Steve and Aunt Linda were there and they were so excited to see us. Linda couldn't quit crying almost the entire time we were there. We enjoyed great food and great company. Our kids love Steve and Linda and I am glad they get to know them in this life. Linda couldn't get over how grown up everyone was.

No comments: