The family story was that my grandpa's dad was a Blackfoot Indian named Peter Austin.
The Blackfoot Indian part was quickly dispelled by DNA.
The search has been ongoing for years now.
I got my dad's Y-DNA.
Had his cousin test- which resulted in some paternal surprises.
And I've tested.
I think I have narrowed it down.
Definitely to the surname of Hanna.
Possibly between two brothers.
I just need more 3rd to 5th cousins to answer my emails.
Or a match that is closer.
Like a 1st cousin would be magical.
I uploaded my dad's DNA to MyHeritage through a friend in Utah.
I am not allowed to view the matches because I live in Alaska and the message keeps popping up that DNA results are not in my country.
That's a whole 'nother story you don't want to get me started on.
I did get an email today from MyHeritage that gave me a list of the DNA matches and a little button to email them.
I have sent 8 emails this morning.
Two have already come back that they are adopted and don't know their family lines at all.
It's like this great big huge puzzle that needs solving.
I feel like I am so close.
I can almost taste it.

No comments:
Post a Comment