Friday, February 16, 2018

San Diego: Day Three

When you are on a four day vacation (actually three full days) it is important to jam in as much stuff as possible. 
Today we started out with the Donut Bar.
It was incredible.
They had creme brulee, strawberry shortcake, nutella, strawberry cheesecake, so many yummy donuts.
We each picked one and ate it in the upstairs loft.







After our donut bliss we did some hiking at Torrey Pines.
I loved the smell of the chapparel.
It's been a long time since I have smelled it.
The weather was perfect.
We did the beach access trail and it was so warm and the air was salty.
Corban touched a cactus for the first time too.
The beach was awesome! 
The kids just played and played in the surf.







Before getting to Torrey Pines we came around a corner and saw the temple! 
So then we HAD to stop and take pictures.
I love the San Diego temple.
It is where my college friends and I took a trip during spring break.
It's where Matt and I did a session while we were on our honeymoon.
And now I took two of our kids there. 
Pretty awesome.



 After Torrey Pines we had to fit in another beach.
We went to La Jolla Cove.
It was the coolest thing to see all the sea lions and this to them squawking at each other.  
Of course the kids just played in the water a ton while I explored and enjoyed the sun. 










 It was a really good day! 
We capped it off with Cheesecake Factory.
The salted caramel cheesecake was heaven.

No comments: