Friday, September 28, 2018

Always close

Orange is my favorite color.
Especially when it is adorned on all the trees and grass.
I've had a lot on my mind and the thought occurred to me to go and take a walk this morning to clear my head.
It was raining, but I put my hoodie on and headed out.
Trapper joined me.
He is always my protector when I am outside.
He will come out with me and stay close by.
Always listening and watching to help at any minute.
I feel like I have others that do that for me as well.
Always watching. 
Always protecting.
Most times unseen.

I feel like a ticking time bomb.
Death seemed so far away from my reality until this year.
If I knew exactly when I was dying and I had the chance to leave one message to the ones I loved it would be this:

"I will not abandon you. I will be close. You may not see me but I promise I will be here. I will be involved in all those exciting life events. And if you want to feel near to me go to the temple. You will always find me there.

So I guess I do have a chance to leave that message.
However, I hope it will be many, many years before anyone needs to find it and receive comfort from it.
 

No comments: