Friday, September 14, 2018

Fish Creek

We've driven past it hundreds of times and have never stopped.
Fish creek is right on the way to the farm and I always wanted to stop and explore but never took the time.
Well, Makenna had an eye appointment and there was nothing too pressing to get home to afterwards, so we stopped.
The trail down to the creek was so beautiful.
I loved hearing the crunch of the autumn leaves under my feet.
During the salmon run this place is over run.
Hundreds of people go down there to fish.
Today it was just her and I.
It also helped that the temperature was right around 70.
Seventy for September is exciting to me!
There is TONS of mud when the tide is out and the tide was out.
I slipped at one point and scrapped up my knee.
Makenna covered her white converse in the muck as well.
But it was totally worth it.
I love this time of year so much.
I just keep smelling the breeze because it smells so good.
I'm trying to be in the moment.
Soon snow will come and there will be no smell at all because our nostrils will freeze when we try to breathe outside.
I will try to be in the moment then too though!



 

No comments: