Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Arizona

It seems like when I take a trip it is always a whirlwind one.
I stay gone, with whoever goes with me, for only a couple of days and pack as much in those days as humanly possible.
This trip was no different.
Brittan and I headed down to Phoenix on Friday and got there in the evening.
We stayed with my sweet Janell friend.
She was the main reason we went.
She got sealed in the Gilbert temple to her sweetheart Shawn.


 It was so good to be there and even better to connect with so many people. 
I was able to meet up with my childhood friend, Nikki.
We talked for a long time, catching up and reliving memories from our past.
She has a beautiful family and I am so happy for her.
She loves being a mom and wife.
She sent me a text after we left her house that really touched me.
She said, "I've been on the verge of tears several times since you left. It's weird...I feel like I didn't know I missed you but I must have." 
The older I get the more and more I realize that relationships are everything. 
It was so good to connect with her again.

That night Brittan and I also got to visit with Marcy Day and her family.
They left Alaska in February and we loved sitting and visiting.
Her husband Josh was cutting onions in the kitchen and my eyes were watering so bad I was crying.
It was pretty funny.

The next morning we drove up north to Chino Valley to see my family.
It was a nice reprieve from the heat.
It was 104 degrees in Gilbert and we were dying every time we stepped out of air conditioned places.
We stopped along the way and got some pictures of cactus and us.


 
We went to church at the church I grew up in.
There were so many people there that I love.
Lots of hugs!
And the people were incredibly welcoming and nice.
It was a great visit.
After that we went to my sister, Shawna's house.
 She has this magical place in her backyard that has lawn chairs.
It is under a tree.
I sat out there for a long, long time taking in the weather.
There was a breeze and the sky was deep blue.
Brittan and Shawna joined me out there and we talked for awhile.
Then I had to get a picture of her and I with the UFO.
Oh the memories!
 I posted it on Facebook and had so many of my childhood friends comment about how they had played on it with us.
Good times!
That night Chaiya came over with her husband, Dylan and their daughter Evie.
It was the first time I have seen Evie.
It took chocolate cake to convince her to come and sit with me but at the end of the night she gave me several hugs before she left.
 She is incredibly adorable.
And it was good to see Chaiya and Dylan.
We really sat around talking and eating chocolate cake.
What's better than that?


 I also got to visit with my friend, Cheyenne.
Her and I went to school from kindergarten on.
It was fun to catch up with her for a little while.
We were both tired so it didn't last as long as I would've loved but it was still so great.
This picture isn't really the best but I am glad I got something.
 The next morning we went to breakfast with Shawna and her boys and then headed back to Phoenix.

 On our way back to Phoenix we stopped two places:
Grandma and Grandpa Teagues grave and to get a picture of Brittan with a saguaro cactus.
It was a really good time and I had a great time seeing people and spending time with Brittan.

 

No comments: