Tonight Brittan invited me to come down to the lake with her, armed with hot cocoa and blankets and visit while the sun went down.
I love the stillness of Alaska.
It is so quiet where we live.
So very quiet.
We talked about our day and how church went.
Trapper stayed close by protecting us.
Soon, it will be too cold to do this unless we get outfitted in snow gear, but right now it is beautiful and I am loving taking advantage of the weather we have had.
Also, last night Matt and I got the opportunity to go out on a date.
Makenna wanted to spend some time with her Anchorage friends and we decided that she could do that while we spend some time together.
We went to the Southside Bistro and had a beautiful time together.
I love spending time with him without the weight of our life.
It's nice to put the ick aside for a night and enjoy each other.
We had the most incredible desserts.
Mine was so beautiful I had to take a picture.
I love Matt Hale.
I love that we are doing this life together.
Marriage is not always easy.
In fact, sometimes it is really hard.
But I am grateful that all those years ago we made a commitment to each other to stick it through.
We have done that so far.
He is my best friend.
And he's a pretty big deal.



No comments:
Post a Comment