Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Trudging through

I've been feeling the weight of life lately.
There is so much happening right now.
So much to be worried about. 
I am trying to take the counsel to choose happiness, to be positive, to seek the sunlight, but man, oh man do I feel the weight of life.
Yesterday was particularly hard.
Sometimes, I can't seem to put my finger on the angst.
I just feel it in full force.
Yesterday I understood some of the feelings, but not all of them.
I tried to look for good anyway- it's always there.
As we gathered for family prayer Dallin sat down in the window seat and Corban sat on his lap.
Dall squeezed him hard and they laughed.
I smiled and snapped a picture.
Their happiness is my happiness.
I wonder if that is the same for God.
I also took a picture in the middle of the road from our house.
It is still fall- for just a minute more.
I am so grateful for the lessons that autumn brings.

 

No comments: