Yesterday was a doozy of a day.
I don't know exactly what it was but I was irritated and on edge.
I was talking to Corban as we drove in to his swimming practice and mentioned that I didn't get anything done all day.
Then I corrected myself as I remembered several things I did do:
I washed and packaged all the harvested carrots- 5 gallon bags.
I did a load of colored clothes.
I helped Corban with his school work.
I worked on my 4 generation research project
and
I made woodland recipe cards.
There were several times during the day though that I was just frustrated and irritated.
Interesting how I perceived that as not accomplishing anything.
I ate my feelings though- pretzel rolls and chocolate.
That felt like a fail as well.
There were two moments though when I felt like I could get it under control.
Around 2 o'clock or so I decided to open my scriptures.
I love that spirit of the Book of Mormon.
The scriptures I read didn't apply to what I was feeling or going through but when I read the first one I felt a peace, like I was visiting an old friend, and I felt the storm calm.
The Book of Mormon truly has an influence that is magic.
Then I did a little meditation before bed.
I was glad for the moments to breathe and then sleep.
Today will be better.


No comments:
Post a Comment