Thursday, November 2, 2017

Being Mindful

Summer is dead.
It's been foggy, thick fog, for days.
I am feeling that all too familiar feeling that comes this time of year.
I haven't been home in the evenings at all this week except Monday.
When I got home from being in town all day today I decided to walk to the lake to find some beauty.
It is beautiful, even if I still would like to be on a beach in the tropics.
I mentioned before that I was trying to be more mindful.
I still don't fully know what that means, but let me take a shot at it here.

Being mindful means recognizing the blessings that are happening while they are happening and being grateful for them. 
Being mindful means paying attention to those around me.
Being mindful means stopping and taking in the beauty around me.
Being mindful means using my time to bless, teach, lift and love others.
Being mindful means taking care of myself so I can take care of others.
 Being mindful means laughing at the funny things that happen. 
Even if they are small things.
Especially if they are small things. 
For example, when I came into the living room this morning and I found this scene-
Trapper in a sugar coma and empty wrappers sticking to his body.
It was a literal crime scene.

There is always good to be found, even if I am not in the tropics.

No comments: