Sunday, November 12, 2017

Together

Last night at 730 I went upstairs and found Matt already in bed.
I teased him about being in bed so early. 
It is super easy to go to bed early when the sun has been down for hours.
Ah, winter in Alaska. 
He didn't want to watch what Corban was watching on the tv and I had been on my computer. 
So, I showered, switched on the tv in our room, and got in next to him. 
He listened to something on his phone while I watched the show I am currently interested in- that he is not interested in. 
It's funny really. 
We have a lot of different interests.
But we are still in this together. 
And we have been for 23 years next month. 
His hands are scarred and worn from all the years he has used them to provide for our family. 
And pink...his hands are so pink.
Or maybe his look so pink because mine are so orange.
I have a hard time expressing well how I feel about 'us'.
I don't know of anyone who has a relationship like ours. 
In fact, all I see around us are marriages falling apart, wives trashing their husbands, husbands not loving their wives.
We've had some really hard times.
Times that stretch the soul to what feels like the breaking point. 
We've also had wonderful, beautiful times. 
Times that are our favorites to recall.
He truly is my best friend. 
For real.
I made a choice all those years ago. 
I still make that choice every single day. 
I'm so glad we are doing this life together.  

It didn't take him long to fall asleep.
Then I looked at our hands and decided to snap this picture. 
I am grateful for the blessing of us!

No comments: