Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Plus Three

How do I even begin this post?
Addiction is a horrible thing. 
She did really well for 2 1/2 years,
Got  married, had baby number three and seemed stable.
Then I saw her at Christmas and I knew. 
No one had to even say anything. 
On Wednesday, when I was on a plane waiting for takeoff to San Diego, I got the call that all three kids (5, 3 and 5 months) were being placed in our home.
I have run the gammet of emotions since.
Most of them are exhaustion induced. 
Some have not been Christlike.
One thing is for sure. 
True healing only comes through Christ.
Period.
I don't care who you are.
My prayer is that she will head in that direction.
And that prayer will continue while I wipe noses, change diapers and try to soothe crying children who do not understand why their world has changed so drastically.
Except Jamie.
She knows and she is so happy to be here.
It will continue as I change plans made almost 6 months ago.
It will continue as I try to help my son home school in an environment that is difficult for him. 
So many things have been turned upside down because of the choices of two people.
Our decisions effect so many more than just ourselves.

2 comments:

Meggan said...

I won’t tell you that this happened because God doesn’t give us anything we can’t handle, because that’s poop. He gave you this because He knows you will turn to Him to handle it. Love you friend.

Just US said...

You are amazing! I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers through this difficult journey.