Twenty three years ago I gave birth to the most perfect baby ever.
Here is my journal entry a few days after that day:
January 14, 1996
"We received our first miracle of the year! On Thursday, January 11th at 4:59 am Samantha Patrice decided that she'd like to join our family. She weighed 8 lbs 12 oz and was 21 inches long. I don't think words can describe how happy we are that she's finally here. Matt is the best daddy! He loves to just sit and hold her. And all he can say is- "She's so precious!" And I just love her. She is absolutely gorgeous. We went to the hospital Wednesday night at about 8 pm. We had been timing the contractions since 5 pm. I think the contractions were the absolute hardest. I was in heavy labor for about 6 hours and pushed for a 1/2 hour. We left the hospital at 7 pm Thursday. So we weren't even there for 24 hours. Everything went absolutely perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better delivery or baby girl! Dr. Wendell Wells was our doctor. He is also in our ward. I don't think we could be happier or more tired! I'm still recovering from the delivery and so is Matt and Sam! We love you Sammy!!!"
Being a mom has been the hardest and most wonderful thing I have ever done.
Some days I ask Matt why we had kids in jest, but even though it is soul stretching and painful at times, the good so out weighs the bad.
Happy birthday Sam!

No comments:
Post a Comment